Super Simple Salad Dressing
This dressing is equally delicious with mild butter lettuce as it is with spicier greens, such as arugula or watercress. You can also drizzle it over a rice or quinoa bowl or grilled vegetables.
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot (you can substitute 1 teaspoon minced garlic if you prefer)
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a mason jar with a tight fitting lid, add together all the ingredients. Seal tightly and shake to emulsify.
- Alternately, in a medium size bowl add the first four ingredients. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify.
- Keep covered in the refrigerator for up to a week. Let the salad dressing come to room temperature before shaking it will and drizzling on your greens.
Recipe by Smart In The Kitchen at https://smartinthekitchen.com/2017/02/super-simple-salad-dressing/