Red Cabbage Salad with Herbs (Whole30)
This is a salad similar to one at The North Woods Inn in Southern California. It’s delicious with roasted pork shoulder or grilled flank steak.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoon minced chives
- 2 teaspoon minced dill
- 2 teaspoon minced Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 head red cabbage, white triangular root removed with paring knife, sliced very thin on a mandolin
In the base of a medium to large salad bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, onion powder and salt. Whisk in the oil.
Toss with the cabbage and herbs. Taste for salt and adjust seasoning if necessary.
This is best when left to macerate in the dressing for at least 20 minutes. Taste for seasoning before serving and add more salt if you’d like.