Coconut Lime Cauliflower Rice
A staple of my Whole30 dinners, this cauliflower rice has a zingy lime and coconut flavor. Warm it up for lunch, topped with leftover veggies. Be careful not to overcook the cauliflower rice or the consistency turns mushy and unappealing. If you're not a fan of cilantro, just swap it out with parsley or omit it entirely.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions white and green parts, sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 12- ounce bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk I prefer full fat, but low-fat is fine too
- 1 lime juiced, about 2 tablespoons
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil until shimmery. Add the green onions and sauté about a minute, or until soft. Add the garlic and sauté another 30 seconds or so, being careful not to burn the garlic.
Add the cauliflower rice and coconut milk to the sauté pan and stir to combine. Cook approximately 3 minutes on medium heat, stirring. Cauliflower should be al dente and not completely soft, or the texture will be mushy.
Turn off the heat and stir in the fresh cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to taste. Taste for seasoning and add more lime juice or salt if necessary.