Green sauces are my go-to condiment to liven up grilled meats and vegetables. Traditional Argentinian chimichurri is just as good on grilled steaks as it is on ciabatta turkey sandwiches the next day.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 packed cup flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 4-5 large garlic cloves grated on a microplaner
- 2 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- 2-3 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a food processor, combine the parsley, vinegar, garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
Transfer the sauce to a bowl and stir in the olive oil. Let stand for at least 20 minutes so that the flavors meld.