Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
To keep this flavorful shredded chicken Whole30, serve it stuffed in roasted poblanos or over cauliflower rice or salad greens.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/2 onion, sliced white, yellow or red
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano preferably Mexican
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice about half a lime
- 1 bay leaf
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 dried chipotle chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
Add all the ingredients to the Instant Pot and stir to combine. Seal the vent and set to the poultry setting for 20 minutes. Once the Instant Pot has finished cooking, quick release the vent by covering it with a kitchen towel and rotating it with tongs to release the steam.
Open the lid and transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Puree the base with a handheld immersion blender or carefully transfer the contents to a Vitamix or blender and puree.
Use two forks to shred the chicken and return it to the pureed base. Stir to combine and taste for seasoning. Add more salt or lime juice if you prefer. Serve in tacos, bowls or salad.