Sheet Pan Ratatouille
Use up the bounty of summer and early fall with this sheet pan ratatouille recipe. Bonus that it's super fast with easy clean up!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 yellow or red onion, chopped
- 1 globe or Japanese eggplant, chopped
- 2 cups cherry, grape or sweet 100 tomatoes (preferably organic)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (preferably organic)
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup basil, cut in a chiffonade
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the vegetables with olive oil and salt. Don't be tempted to skimp on the olive oil. It creates a jammy and delicious outcome! Transfer the veggies to a large sheet pan and spread out in an even layer. I use restaurant-style rimmed half sheet pans.
Roast in the top third of the oven for 40-45 minutes. If the outer edges of the sheet pan start to get overly browned or charred, toss all the vegetables on the pan and move the sheet pan to the center of the oven until it finishes cooking, about 10 minutes more.
Garnish with a chiffonade of fresh basil and serve.