Spring Pea and Leek Tartine
Super quick to put together and full of spring flavor, this open-faced sandwich is delicious with a vinegary salad on the side. Serve it for brunch, lunch or as a dinner party appetizer.
- 3 tablespoons good quality extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 small leek white and light green parts only, diced
- 1 ½ cups peas freshly shelled or defrosted frozen peas
- Sea salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound burrata
- 1 tablespoon loosely packed dill minced
- 4 slices good crusty bread
- 1-2 garlic cloves peeled
In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sauté the diced leeks until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the peas and sauté another minute, until warmed through. Season with sea salt and a few grinds of fresh pepper.
Preheat oven to broil.
Place four bread slices on a baking sheet. Toast both sides, being careful not to burn.
Remove from oven. Rub both sides all over with garlic cloves.
Divide the leek and pea mixture equally among the four slices of bread. Top each slice with a quarter of the burrata and a sprinkling of minced dill. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sea salt and serve.