Apple Cranberry Crisp
Serve warm with vanilla, cinnamon or salted caramel ice cream. This is perfect alongside pumpkin pie on your Thanksgiving table.
- 1 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour or Cup-4-Cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped fine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 1 stick chilled unsalted butter, cut into uniform pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
- 5-6 Pink Lady or Fuji apples peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch cubes, about 6 cups
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider or juice
Combine brown sugar, oats, flour, pecans, 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon and salt in large bowl; mix to combine. Add butter and vanilla and rub in with fingertips until mixture comes together in moist clumps. All the dry ingredients should be mixed with the butter, with no dry bits of flour or brown sugar unincorporated. Cover and chill while preparing filling. (Topping can be prepared 1 day ahead; keep chilled and covered.)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
In a large bowl, combine ½ teaspoon cinnamon, cranberries, apples, sugar, and apple juice. Transfer filling to a 9x13 baking dish. Crumble topping over the apple mixture.
Bake crisp in the middle of the oven until filling bubbles and topping is crisp and golden brown, about 30-40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.