Whole30 Sheet Pan Ratatouille Chicken
Chop the vegetable into a ¼- to ½ -inch dice, small enough that the chicken thighs can rest on top of the vegetables while cooking. Serves 6
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 yellow, red or white onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 2 cups cherry, grape or sweet 100 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the chicken
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, patted very dry
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup basil, cut in a chiffonade
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
In a large bowl, toss the chopped vegetables with olive oil and salt. Transfer them to a large sheet pan and spread them out in an even layer. Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, on top of the ratatouille mix. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
Roast the chicken in the top third of the oven for 45 minutes. Check the chicken after 30 minutes and if the outer edges of the sheet pan start to get overly browned or charred, move the sheet pan to the center of the oven until it finishes cooking. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the thickest part of the chicken (without touching the bone) registers 165 degrees before removing the thighs from the oven.
Garnish with fresh basil and serve.