Sheet Pan Ratatouille Chicken (Whole30)
Tired of doing dishes? I’m with you! Worn out from cooking dinner night after night? Even me! Well, I’ve got you covered. Sheet pan dinners are the lifeblood of busy home cooks everywhere. Sheet pan ratatouille chicken is one of my favorites — you get a delicious Mediterranean vegetable medley topped with bone-in chicken thighs that are juicy and full of flavor. It’s a one pan wonder!
My original recipe for sheet pan ratatouille is a vegetarian version with chickpeas added to the mix. I serve it over cous cous, pasta or cauliflower rice for a Meatless Monday meal. But when you’re craving some protein, adding chicken on top is the way to go! Just finish it off with some fresh basil and a sprinkle of sea salt, and then you’re ready to dish up!
Join me for Smart Sheet Pan Suppers!
Next week, I’m teaching Smart Sheet Pan Suppers where you’ll learn three new sheet pan recipes every day, along with sauce recipes and easy salad sides. You’ll end the week with over 30 tried-and-true recipes up your sleeve! Get the full list of recipes and sign up here.
What do you serve with sheet pan dinners?
Salad and call it a night! Or a side of grains or pasta.
What are your favorite sheet pans?
Commercial grade half sheet pans! If you cut these recipes in half, you can use quarter sheet pans. I have a ton of sheet pans, I use them for everything from baking cookies to roasting vegetables and warming bread. I’d suggest having at least three. I sometimes line them with parchment paper sheets to make clean up easier.
How do you clean your sheet pans?
Steel wool when necessary, or just a sponge and dish soap!
Looking for more sheet pan suppers?
- Parchment Paper Fish Packets
- Sheet Pan Ratatouille
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Sheet Pan Roasted Arctic Char with Green Beans and Tomatoes
Whole30 Sheet Pan Ratatouille Chicken
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 yellow, red or white onion, chopped
- 1 eggplant, chopped
- 2 cups cherry, grape or sweet 100 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the chicken
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, patted very dry
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup basil, cut in a chiffonade
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped vegetables with olive oil and salt. Transfer them to a large sheet pan and spread them out in an even layer. Place the chicken thighs, skin side up, on top of the ratatouille mix. Drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast the chicken in the top third of the oven for 45 minutes. Check the chicken after 30 minutes and if the outer edges of the sheet pan start to get overly browned or charred, move the sheet pan to the center of the oven until it finishes cooking. Use an instant-read thermometer to make sure the thickest part of the chicken (without touching the bone) registers 165 degrees before removing the thighs from the oven.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Leave a Reply