Welcome to margarita week. It’s the genius idea of Kate Ramos from Hola Jalapeño. When she invited me share a recipe in her curated mix, I ran to get my shaker. Nothing like a good marg to beat the Texas heat and humidity. Especially a jalapeño mint margarita that tastes fresh from the garden.
In March, we had two quick trips to Mexico in a one week span. The perfect storm for margarita research. Back home, when it was time to recreate the vacation vibes, the rule was keep it simple. The holy trinity turned out to be fresh squeezed lime juice, agave and tequila. That’s it. It’s fast, fresh and delicious. Especially with pink Himalayan salt around the rim and lots of chunky ice.
The only change up I’ve had the heart to make is good quality jalapeno-infused tequila and muddled mint. And bam, a libation worthy of #margaritaweek was born. And is it a stretch to say it’s plant-based and somewhat healthy? Agave is a natural sweetener after all, and jalapeno, lime and mint grow in our garden. It’s not exactly the type of green juice we should be drinking right before bikini season, but it sure does taste good.
Jalapeno Mint Margarita
- Himalayan pink salt or kosher salt
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves muddled
- 2 lime wedges
- 1/4 cup jalapeno-infused tequila such as Tanteo
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Put about a tablespoon of salt in a flat dish. Rub the rim of your glass with one lime wedge and dip the rim of the glass in the salt. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, add the mint, tequila, agave nectar and lime juice and a handful of ice. Shake very well to combine.
- Fill your cocktail glass with ice and pour the mixed margarita into the glass. Put the second lime wedge on the edge of the glass.
- Makes 1 single serving
[…] Jalapeño Mint Margarita from Smart In The Kitchen […]
[…] Jalapeno Mint Margarita […]
[…] in the Kitchen’s delicious jalapeño mint margarita….spicy and […]
[…] Margarita from Cake Over Steak Rosemary and Fresh Watermelon Margaritas from Always Order Dessert Jalapeño Mint Margarita from Smart In The Kitchen Pineapple Hibiscus Margarita from ¡Hola! Jalapeño Rosemary Infused […]