A big and bright pitcher of pomegranate sangria is the easiest way to entertain a crowd. Full of pomegranate seeds, thin slices of apple and oranges, this fruity cocktail is slightly bubbly from sparkling wine.
Depending whether it’s early fall or winter, you can add dark plums, berries or fresh figs to the mix. Stir up a batch of this tart-sweet punch for adult trick-or-treaters this Halloween. Or serve it with blood oranges or Meyer lemons sliced into the pitcher.
- 1 orange sliced in thin wedges, or 3 tangerines, sliced thin
- 1 bottle Prosecco Cava or Champagne
- 3 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds plus additional for garnishing drink glasses
- 1 tart apple such as Granny Smith or Honeycrisp, sliced into thin wedges
- 6 fresh figs quartered (if you can't find fresh figs, leave them out)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and stir to combine. Serve over ice with additional pomegranate seeds sprinkled on top.
- Make ahead: Mix up the sangria in the morning and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.