Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
Yield 6-8 servings
A super easy side dish that is perfect alongside a weeknight roast chicken or your Thanksgiving turkey. Add a couple peeled and chopped beets to the vegetable mixture if you’d like. Save leftovers to toss with salad greens for lunch the next day.
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potato (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped parsnip (about 2 medium)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped carrot (about 2 medium)
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped turnip (about 1 medium)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 shallots, peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 425°.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place vegetable mixture on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, scraping the pan and stirring the vegetables after 20 minutes.
Courses side dish
Cuisine vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free