Honey Roasted Root Vegetables
A super easy side dish that is perfect alongside a weeknight roast chicken or your Thanksgiving turkey. Add a couple peeled and chopped beets to the vegetable mixture if you’d like. Save leftovers to toss with salad greens for lunch the next day.
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups peeled and coarsely chopped sweet potato about 1 large
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped parsnip about 2 medium
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped carrot about 2 medium
- 1 ½ cups coarsely chopped turnip about 1 medium
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 shallots peeled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; toss to coat. Place vegetable mixture on a sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Bake for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and begin to brown, scraping the pan and stirring the vegetables after 20 minutes.
Leave a Reply