- Cooking class students constantly ask about the woven basket with a wooden lid on Marcia’s counter. The woven grey baskets are the best way to store garlic and shallots. Handcrafted in California, they also come in a larger size for tortillas. – Melissa
- Marcia gave me a side of wild Alaskan salmon from www.copperriversalmon.org and my family cooked it last weekend. We baked it with fresh lemon and capers and served with risotto and sautéed spinach. There’s nothing better than fresh caught fish, and although wild salmon doesn’t start to run until May, the flash frozen wild caught salmon from Copper River is just as good! – Melissa
- One of my new favorite finds is the 12 Oaks Mango Habañero Sauce from Dripping Springs, Texas. I serve it with rotisserie chicken on a tortilla and fresh sliced avocado for a quick and easy dinner. What’s your go-to dinner shortcut? – Melissa
- Whenever we travel, I love finding a local bookstore. Bonus points if it’s a cookbook store. Two summers ago, I made my girls walk miles across London to get to Books for Cooks. After I perused the shelves and talked to the owner, we walked across the street for lunch at Ottolenghi. No complaints, there. Here’s a roundup of great cookbook shops that my mother-in-law shared recently. Maybe one day they’ll carry my cookbook. Every day I’m hustlin’. –Marcia
- Roma. On Netflix. Off to watch it. –Marcia
Disclosure: Please understand that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you use them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these products because I genuinely recommend them and in most cases use them personally. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you. This website does not advertise or otherwise make a commission, so it helps me “keep the lights on.” Thank you!
Thanks so much for sharing my Woven Grey garlic bowl on your site! Wonderful to see it put to good use and I bet it looks lovely in your kitchen. Happy cooking.
You are so welcome! I love my basket and get so many comments about it in cooking classes…
Curious where you found it. I don’t have any accounts in Texas.