Mother’s Day Love List
If you’re searching for gifts for Mother’s Day, look no further. We have you covered, from cozy PJs to good reads. That said, there’s nothing my mom would love more than time with her three kiddos. We’ll all be in different directions this Mother’s Day, but I will definitely be hugging my not-so-little people and calling my mama to chat. Whether you’re a grandmother, an empty nester, exhausted new mom or someone trying for a baby or recovering from loss, thinking of you all.
- My parents just moved from Southern California to Chapel Hill, North Carolina. So I feel like my mom needs a primer on Southern Lady Code. I learned about this essay collection at a talk given by Blue Willow Bookshop, a very cool Houston bookstore. I’d love to encourage you all to buy it there (they ship!), even though I typically read my books on the Kindle app on my iPad (ugh, I know!). Other books on my list that would make great gifts: Save Me the Plums, How to Raise Successful People and Tell Me More.
- Last year my husband absolutely nailed my gift with a custom painted leather Big Daddy tote from Corroon. It was also part of my Holiday Gift Guide. I seriously do not need anything this year because that bag should count for several consecutive Mother’s Days. That said, if I wanted to add to my bag collection (or suggest someone else add to it for me) I’d opt for a straw summer beach bag that’s cute enough to double as a purse.
- Farmgirl Flowers is a no-brainer because who can go wrong with a big vase of blooms. A friend once sent these as a thank you and I loved how they were wrapped in burlap and arrived smelling fresh.
- Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne is my favorite scent. It’s one of my go-to gifts for my mom, mother-in-law and sister.
- Eberjey pajamas were my Christmas gift en masse to every woman in the family. My teenager likes them as much as my mother-in-law.
- Madewell’s wide-brim straw hat in black is inexpensive enough that you (or your mom) won’t mind traveling with it. I’m always worried I’ll ruin my nice Janessa Leoné hats en route to the vacation. I never know where to put it on the airplane and end up balancing it on my lap. Yup.
- Mirth Caftans, owned by two Houston sisters, are lightweight and made from the most beautiful fabrics. They are effortlessly cool and so lightweight on hot summer days. I love this sweet Amber top or the Seville top. Both would be cute over a swimsuit or with white jeans.
- Speaking of local inspirational women, Parry Botanicals is a woman-owned Houston skincare and makeup company. I always carry their mineral lip gloss in my purse. The thing I really love about this company is their cancer care kits that are gentle enough for skin going through radiation.
- Hey, we’re a local business, too! Get your mama a Smart in the Kitchen gift certificate! You can even add an apron or a farmer’s market tote! Email Melissa for details.
- I found the perfect piece of jewelry to send my older sister for a Mother’s Day treat: this Heart of Gold bracelet defines her to the core. Shhhhh!
- Hot baths are part of my nightly routine and I would be happy with a little treat like this Lollia Bubble Bath or Goop’s “Emotional Detox” bath salts. Nothing like a steamy hot bath at the end of a long day of work and carpools, dinner and homework. Oh happy day!
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you use them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these products because I genuinely recommend them and in most cases use them personally. This website does not advertise or otherwise make a commission, so it helps me “keep the lights on.” Thank you!