Book an Online Class Now!
- NEW! Private live stream cooking classes to enjoy with family and friends. Three recipes will be covered per class, knife skills and prep tips. Q&A is covered at the end of the class and everyone will receive recipes in advance and a recording. $500 minimum.
- NEW! Corporate Zoom cooking classes for clients or employees, possible topics include how to stock your pantry, how to meal plan, easy weeknight dinners, cookbook club and healthy homemade desserts that can double as breakfast! Menu and class topic is completely customizable. Please email Melissa Garlington for more information: email@example.com. $750 minimum.
Use the gift card for yourself or a friend in a digital or in-person class. A Smart in the Kitchen cooking experience makes the perfect birthday gift, thank you gift, housewarming gift or “just because” gift.
Classes in my Houston Kitchen
Cooking classes in my Houston kitchen are hands-on, participation classes. We discuss knife skills, cooking techniques, quality ingredients, seasonal cooking, meal planning and recipe specifics. Students cook together and sit down to enjoy everything on the menu. Classes typically start at 11am and end at 1:30pm.
You will take home:
- A packet of 6-7 easy, weeknight recipes
- Tips for planning and shopping for weeknight meals
- Helpful kitchen and knife skills knowledge
Organize your own group of friends for a private group cooking class, or sign up for a regularly scheduled class. Scroll down to join our cooking class mailing list and monthly schedule. For more information, email our cooking class director, Melissa Garlington: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: To book a private group class in my kitchen, we require a $600 deposit. Daytime classes are $125 per person and $200 per person for evening classes. 12-person minimum. If a private class is cancelled 30 days in advance, a full refund is available. If class is cancelled 29-15 days in advance, 50% of the deposit will be retained by Smart in the Kitchen. A full deposit is retained if class is cancelled within 14 days of scheduled event.
Email our cooking school director, Melissa Garlington, at: email@example.com to book your class!
Cancellation Policy: Students who cancel one week in advance for a regularly scheduled class will receive a full refund.
Here’s what people say about Smart in the Kitchen classes:
Thank you so much for welcoming us into your home and for the class last week with Zillow. It was so fun and special and we had a really good time! I even caught myself using one of your knife skills last night while chopping veggies – holding the back of the blade for a better grip and control. Thanks! — Samantha Snow
Marcia, thank you so much for a wonderful class yesterday! Your food is absolutely delicious, but it is the approachable manner and ease in which you present the task of cooking that I am in awe of! Thank you for the inspiration of both food and spirit!!
— Chandler Sulton
I also teach monthly cooking classes at Central Market. Visit their website to check out this month’s menu and sign up for classes: www.centralmarket.com/cooking-school.aspx.
Let’s get cooking! To receive my monthly class schedule, sign up here: