Terramar Imports gifted me a box of European gourmet food products, so I couldn’t let it go to waste. We made a simple bow-tie pasta with Arrabiata sauce. No one was very hungry for dinner after an overindulgent holiday brunch earlier in the day, so this was low maintenance and fast!
This weekend at the farmer’s market, we bought beautiful rib eyes from Circle J Meat. We’ll cook them in a hot cast iron pan with olive oil, kosher salt, paprika, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add some smashed garlic and rosemary sprigs to the pan for flavor. I’m making the Balsamic Brussels Sprouts from my cookbook (page 158). You could also finish them with a drizzle of hot honey and flaky sea salt. We’re also having Greek Lemon Potatoes, a recipe from a cooking class in Corfu a couple of summers ago. I use a ceramic roasting pan but metal works fine too!
Greek Lemon Potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, grated on a microplane
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 ½ pounds Yukon gold or Russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 2-inch pieces
- Minced parsley, for optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In the base of a roasting pan, combine all the ingredients (except potatoes) and give everything a good stir or whisk. Add in the potatoes and gently stir to coat in the sauce.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes, stirring and gently flipping the potatoes halfway through. You may need to test one of the larger potato wedges at this point and roast for another 5-10 minutes if necessary. Top with minced parsley before serving if you’d like.
My son mentioned Chicken Noodle Soup today and now I can’t stop craving it! If you have leftover lemon potatoes, add them to the soup!
Instant Pot Lamb Stew is something that comes together super fast but feels like it’s been simmering all day.
We may have leftovers to heat up! If not, I’ll make a batch of Aunt Shelley’s Fried Rice from my cookbook. On Instagram, I have a saved highlight that shows you step-by-step how to make it. I also have it written up in this meal plan.
Done for the week! If you’re entertaining this holiday season, be sure to check Instagram for my free holiday dinner download!