This tasty gluten-free and nut-free granola (and egg-free and dairy-free) is super simple to put together. It’s full of flavor and sweetness from vanilla, maple syrup, raw honey and cinnamon. Hemp hearts add protein, and gluten-free oats, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds add fiber and crunch.
It’s adaptable — if you can eat nuts, add slivered almonds, walnuts or chopped pecans. If you can have gluten, use whatever type of oats you prefer. And it’s super fast to put together, with only one bowl to wash. Mix in the dried fruit at the end so it doesn’t burn. And load up on your favorites: dried cranberries, raisins, cherries, apricots (cut in halves or fourths) or wild blueberries. Stir, bake on a parchment-paper lined cookie sheet and enjoy!
Gluten-free and Nut-free Granola
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cuppumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unseated shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil organic avocado, canola or grapeseed
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups dried fruit any combination of cranberries, raisins, cherries, wild blueberries or apricots
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the dried fruit. (Use the same measuring cup for the oil and sweeteners, but be sure to measure the oil first.) Mix well to combine, and then spread out the granola on a parchment paper-lined half sheet pan, or two cookie pans.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove pan from the oven, stir and flip the granola, and return to the oven for 15 more minutes until golden brown and toasted. Remove from the oven, stir in the dried fruit to combine.
- Let sit at room temperature until it completely cools (this lets the granola crisp up).
- Store in an air tight container for about a week.
I love your website. You followed your passion and that’s commendable.
The granola recipe is exactly the one for which I was looking. My sister is gluten free, dairy free and nut free due to her arthritis. This will be perfect for a Christmas gift.