Growing up in Southern California, I love good Baja-style beer battered fish tacos. This is a healthier, quicker alternative that's easier to clean up. Keep all the condiments on the side and let kids or guests top their own tacos.
- 1 1/2 pounds halibut
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning
- 2 limes juiced, plus two additional cut in quarters to serving with tacos
- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 ripe avocado halved and sliced
- optional condiments: thinly sliced cabbage cilantro, thinly sliced radish, pico de gallo, tomatillo salsa, avocado slices or guacamole
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place halibut in a shallow bowl and rub with taco seasoning. Pour lime juice into bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use, no more than 15 minutes.
- On a sheet pan lightly coated with olive oil or parchment paper, add the marinated halibut. Discard extra lime juice in the bowl.
- Roast in the top third of the oven until the fish starts to flake and is opaque, about 15 minutes.