Friday Love List
- On a recent episode of The Today Show, a chef made avocado toast topped with Trader Joe’s Everything But the Bagel Seasoning and the hosts went wild. What? Had they never heard of this spice mix? So, I thought I would introduce, or reintroduce, it to our readers. Mash an avocado on whole wheat toast and sprinkle with EBTBS, toss the spice mix with fresh made popcorn, sprinkle on top of a soft boiled egg or, my Smart in the Kitchen favorite, add it to fresh roasted green beans or okra before serving. And just in case you need more ideas, the internet is on fire with ways to use the stuff. – Melissa
- Marcia just forwarded me a link from Food52 with the most adorable batter bowl. It really makes me want to make pancake batter every day. For $40, The Mason Cash Forest Batter Bowl from Typhoon Homewares makes a perfect shower gift, birthday present or house warming treat. – Melissa
- One of my favorite parts of my job is shopping. I love grocery shopping for classes and researching fun finds, so while I was looking for an inexpensive knife for a cooking class party favor, I found this colorful set. It also comes with the knife shields. Split it up for gifts or keep them for yourself. Hint, hint mom. Wouldn’t this be fabulous in my Easter basket? — Melissa
- Ok friends, I just enrolled in a weeklong cooking class in Burgundy next fall. I’m already dreaming of braised meats, tasty tarts, homemade brioche and a treasure trove of recipe inspiration. — Marcia
- We’re ending with a link to Mark Bittman’s newest cookbook, Dinner for Everyone. You’ll find it on my cookbook bookshelf very soon. — Marcia
Disclosure: Please understand that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you use them to make a purchase, I will earn a small commission. Keep in mind that I link these products because I genuinely recommend them and in most cases use them personally. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you. This website does not advertise or otherwise make a commission, so it helps me “keep the lights on.” Thank you!
Leave a Reply