A New Adventure!
Before I give you the details about my new Smart in the Kitchen School membership, I have a secret to share with you guys. When Covid struck, I was about to embark on the dream of a lifetime. We were just about to start photography for a cookbook I had been dreaming about for decades. But then, this darn pandemic.
I cried and felt sorry for myself and moped around the house. My dream was thrown off track! But then two things happened that made me reframe my mindset.
- My oldest daughter reminded me that the book wasn’t cancelled, it was postponed. So ya mom, stop feeling sorry for yourself and get on with it.
- A neighbor and entrepreneurial mentor, Elaine Turner, told me in no uncertain words I needed to move my business to a digital format. And fast.
The universe was sending me messages. One upside of quarantine is that it’s hard not to listen when you’re sitting at home with nothing to do.
Introducing My Online Cooking School
So, since April I’ve been working on a second website called Smart in the Kitchen School and I couldn’t be more proud of it. It’s a place for me to share monthly cooking lessons, and create a library of videos and PDFs on kitchen essentials, knife skills and flavor tips.
Here’s what the membership includes:
- THREE MONTHLY RECIPE LESSON MODULES AND VIDEOS (THAT’S 36 LESSONS PER YEAR!)
- PDFs TO HELP YOU SHOP AND STOCK YOUR PANTRY AND KITCHEN
- CORE CONTENT VIDEOS WITH TIPS, FLAVOR TRICKS AND KNIFE SKILLS LESSONS
- LIVE Q&As, PRIVATE FACEBOOK COMMUNITY and BONUS CLASSES
It’s basically an online cooking school where I’ll share *all the things* I learned in cooking school and in 20 years of teaching thousands of cooking classes, writing for magazines like Cooking Light, Sunset and Parenting and appearing on TV shows like NBC’s HoustonLife and Hallmark Home & Family.
Don’t Miss Out!
Doors close Friday! I hope you guys aren’t tired of me talking about this. But after September 4 at midnight, the doors close. I don’t want you to miss out.
Join me and the amazing community we’re building. If there’s one thing we all need to do, it’s EAT! And we might as well make it easier, healthier, faster and more joyful.
Let’s walk you down this path to a more confident kitchen and cooking experience. Here are some questions you might have.
Will I have time to do this?
Generally speaking, the busier you are, the more you need this! You’ll get the benefit of my three monthly recipe modules, and all the tidbits of kitchen and cooking knowledge I’ve learned over the years. I’ve also taught cooking classes for almost 20 years and I have TONS of inside tips and tricks to make your time in the kitchen more efficient and more fun!
I have Zoom fatigue! What should I do?
Me too, girl, me too. These lessons are not on Zoom. They are filmed with a professional videographer and outstanding audio. You can watch them on demand whenever and wherever you’d like! And the videos never expire, so watch them again and again.
How many hours will I need to invest every week?
There are three new recipe lessons every month that you can watch whenever you’d like. Some run longer than others, but you can watch them one at a time or back to back. Don’t feel pressure to watch them right away because, remember, they never expire or go away. Or just print the recipes and jump in!
What’s Included in the Monthly Membership?
- Lifetime access to an online library of recipe and knife skills videos that will build and grow over the coming months and years. Only members can access the members-only site, the core content and recipe lessons! And membership will only open for new members every August and January.
- Three new recipe lessons every month where I do a deep dive into some of my favorite recipes. From roasted chicken to tomato sauce, my favorite vegetable sides, health-conscious family favorites, how to cook better fish and a few desserts here and there.
- Time-saving tips and resources that give you delicious food with a fraction of the effort.
- Shortcuts to save you hours (and dollars) each and every week and help you keep your sanity!
- ALL THE THINGS I learned years ago in my professional cooking school program that I can’t wait to share with you!
Just say YES (but before September 4 at midnight central time!!!). And I hope to see you on the other side.
Leave a Reply