Friday Love List
For a special edition of the Friday Love List, we’ve compiled a few of our favorite Trader Joe’s finds. This is the first Trader Joe’s fangirl post in a series that will be updated periodically.
Many of you do not have a local Trader Joe’s, and Houston did not have one when I moved here in 2005. Fast forward a few years and TJs followed me to Houston. I knew we were in love! I was so excited when this slice of my California upbringing landed deep in the heart of Texas. Cooking class clients often ask why I like Trader Joe’s, and many think I shop there because it’s healthier. I’ll clue you in on the top secret reason I shop at Trader Joe’s. People, it’s cheap!
That said, I can’t always find everything on my list, and I’m very careful about the produce I select and the packaged goods I buy. I follow the Environmental Working Group’s suggestions for what to buy organic and read the ingredient lists carefully. Below, some of our current Trader Joe’s loves. Share your top Trader Joe’s finds in the comments section below. Sharing is caring!
Ten Trader Joe’s Favorites
- I use my wok to make a quick stir fry and serve it over Trader Joe’s Frozen Jasmine Rice, the Frozen Cauliflower Rice is pretty awesome too.
2. Nothing is better to cool down than a Fruit Frenzy Bar in Raspberry, Lemon, and Strawberry. Marcia suggests dipping one in a vodka soda beverage to create a yummy summer cocktail.
4. Melissa keeps two bottles of the Organic Tea Lemonade in her fridge at all times. I like the unsweetened green & white tea and use the fresh squeezed limeade for my matcha limeade recipe. Find it in the refrigerated section next to the tangerine juice, which is also delish!
5. Stock up on Brioche Toasts crackers. Spread with Nutella, peanut butter, cream cheese and strawberry jam, goat cheese and pesto, or TJ’s Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Butter Spread. Or enjoy them straight from the box.
6. Produce favorites include the organic Persian cucumbers, sugar snap peas, baby bok choy, shishito peppers, rainbow carrots (both the baby carrots and regular), shelled English peas, organic arugula and spinach, organic avocados, organic tomatoes and endive spears.
7. The Rosemary Marcona Almonds make for a great crunchy snack or charcuterie board component. Don’t forget to add the Fig & Olive Crisps to your board. Check out the Smart in the Kitchen Ultimate Cheese Board for our favorite Trader Joe’s cheese board finds.
8. The inexpensive flowers available at TJ’s are amazing. The potted orchids are an easy birthday or housewarming gift. Look for potted herbs to plant in your garden or place on your kitchen window sill. Tulips, hydrangeas and daffodils (only $1.49 a bunch!) are all favorites.
10. We would be remiss not to include a treat for your favorite furry friend. Our puppies love the Salmon Sweet Potato Dog Treats.