Quick Vegetable Stir Fry
Yield 4-6 servings
Serve this quick meatless stir fry over "riced" cauliflower, jasmine rice or steamed sushi rice. Use fresh vegetables if you have them (peppers, sugar snap peas, sliced bok choy, asparagus, mushrooms or broccoli), but frozen stir fry mix works just as well.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or avocado oil
- 1 package frozen stir fry mix, without sauce
- 1 package frozen broccoli, without sauce
- 5 green onions, cut on the bias into thin slices
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely grate on a microplaner
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, about 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup tamari (gluten-free soy sauce), soy sauce or coconut aminos (soy-free and Whole30), or more to taste
- Sesame seeds, cilantro leaves or green onion (optional garnish)
- In a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat, add 2 tablespoons coconut oil or avocado oil.
- Add green onions, ginger and garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add both bags of frozen vegetables and cook until tender. Don't worry about defrosting them, just add them frozen and let the pan do the work.
- Once vegetables have softened and thawed, add the tamari or coconut aminos and taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, fresh green onion slices or cilantro if you'd like.
Courses Main dish