Everyone Wants an Easy Veggie Side
We’ve got you covered! Three ingredients, no chopping, delicious flavor. You could even serve this on Thanksgiving if you need a vegetable side that doesn’t contain the Turkey Day trifecta of butter, cheese and a crispy topping.
I prefer this with thin haricot vert, but it’s delicious with regular green beans or yellow wax beans. You could use this method to roast sliced zucchini, shishito peppers, okra, sugar snap peas or asparagus.
What else can use Everything But the Bagel Seasoning on?
Bagel seasoning is our go-to quick topping for soft-cooked eggs, on top of cream cheese on a toasted bagel, avocado toast or simple roasted salmon. Here are a few other ideas.
Is everything but the bagel seasoning healthy?
If you’re watching your sodium, be sure to check the nutrition label. But all in all, it’s a low calorie seasoning full of seeds and big on flavor. It’s typically gluten-free, but if you have an allergy be sure to check the label or make your own.
Is there a substitute for EBTB seasoning?
If you want to make these simple roasted green beans and top them with za’atar instead, it’s equally delicious. And it’s a recipe in my award-winning cookbook, Dinner is Done. The photo below is actually an outtake from my cookbook, and the seasoning in the photo is the homemade za’atar recipe from my book.
I don’t roast food directly on top of foil, but if you line your sheet pan with parchment paper you’ll have an easy cleanup. That said, I like to roast directly on a sheet pan because it conducts heat better and will add a nice roasted brown color to your veggies.
LOOKING FOR OTHER SIDE DISH IDEAS?
Sheet Pan Green Beans with Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 sheet pan I like USA Pans or Nordic Ware
- Parchment paper sheets
- 1 pound haricot vert or green beans trimmed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablspoon everything bagel seasoning (available at Trader Joe’s, Williams-Sonoma or from McCormick)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the green beans in a single layer on a sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and roast on the top rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with bagel seasoning; serve warm.