Green Chili Chicken Burgers
Serve these tasty green chili chicken burgers in a lettuce wrap with guacamole, pickled red onions, jalapeños and cilantro. Adapted from a Martha Stewart recipe to be Whole30 compliant and super simple.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (breast or thigh meat)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cans (4 oz.) diced green chiles, drained
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- Coarse salt
- Ground pepper
- In a bowl, combine chicken, cumin, green chiles, chopped cilantro, and ½ teaspoon of salt. Form the mixture into 4-5 patties.
- In a large sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the chicken patties, being careful not to crowd them together in the pan. There should be space between each patty; cook them in batches if necessary. Sauté until browned, about 4-5 minutes per side, adding fresh ground pepper to each side as it cooks.
- Cook until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 165°F when inserted into the thickest part of the burgers.