Finally! The official recipe for my easy Kale Caesar is ready to share with you all. You’re so patient! I make it about once a week, and we add it to cooking class menus all the time.
I’ve given rough directions for how to make this kale Caesar in so many meal plans, but it’s just Lacinato kale (remove the center stem first) tossed with my shortcut Caesar dressing. You can serve it just like that, or add shaved Parmesan or Pecorino, spicy roasted garbanzos, croutons, halved cherry tomatoes or even thinly shaved radish.
How do you use kale for salad?
Kale can be a bit tough to eat raw in salads. But if you know how to prepare it, it becomes the perfect salad green. Cut our the center stem and slice the kale leaves very thin. I also like to toss kale salad with my hands, which helps break down and “massage” the kale.
What to serve with kale salad?
Serve this with grilled tri-tip, spatchcocked chicken or slow roasted salmon.
Looking for more salad recipes?
Pasta Salad with Roasted Tomatoes
Three Bean Salad
Red Cabbage Salad
Collard Green and Brussels Salad
Roasted Squash and Arugula Salad
Mixed Greens with Crunchy Almonds
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste, or 1 anchovy filet minced very fine
- 1 garlic clove, grated on a micro planer
- 1 level tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons good quality or homemade mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 20 stalks Tuscan or lacinato kale
- Kosher or course sea salt
- Optional garnish: Shaved parmesan
- In the base of your salad bowl, add the anchovy paste, the grated garlic clove, mustard, lemon juice, and mayonnaise. Mix well to combine.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to emulsify. I usually transfer most of the dressing to a bowl just to make sure the salad isn’t overdressed. Any remaining dressing can be stored in a jar in your refrigerator for about a week or so.
- Remove the center stem from the kale and slice very thin. Add the kale to the salad bowl and toss to combine. Sprinkle with crunchy sea salt and serve.
Leave a Reply